Friday, September 5, 2008

Yeah for Me!!!

Well, some of you may have heard that I am putting my extra time that is usually spent working, to get back into something that I love - running. I have been training really hard for the last few months with a few wonderful partners and I ran (and finished in 1:49) my first half-marathon last weekend. What a rush to run across the finish line - arms in the air, knowing that I had given everything I had to run the full 21km race. Even more thrilling was sharing it with the fantastic women that I train with and seeing my running partners cross the finish line after running the full marathon. We wouldn't take our moments away for anything, even with the blue tonails, tired muscles and bleeding blisters. I will treasure this accomplishment forever and can't wait to tackle the Royal Victoria next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1:49!!! Sheesh! You're making me look bad!! Congratulations! We've enjoyed following your posts. Looks like you guys are having a great time. Any chance you might come home through Santa Cruz? :) All the best. Rich and the gang.